Don't forget. The Hagerstown Library will be closed on Monday, Sept. 7, in honor of Labor Day. ... See MoreSee Less
10 hours ago
Look who reached their 100 book benchmark. Congratulations and keep up the great work! #1000BooksBeforeKindergarten #1KBBK ... See MoreSee Less
23 hours ago
Digging the section of The Whitewater Canal from Hagerstown to Cambridge City began in 1846, financed by local subscriptions. Standard dimensions for the canal were 40 feet wide and four feet deep. Railroads and washouts gave the canal a relatively short but significant life, and the last boat arrived in 1861.
23 hours ago
Using Your Library
- How do I get a library card?
- What are the circulation policies and fees?
- How do I login to My Account? By logging into My Account, card holders can:
– Renew checked-out items
– Place holds on library materials and designate a pickup location
– Suspend Requests
– Sign up for e-mail notices to be informed and reminded of holds and overdue items
– Request an item through Evergreen Indiana
- Have a question? Ask one of our librarians
- Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter full of news, collection updates, and library events
- Public computers – 9 public desktop computers, 2 laptops
- 24/7 Wireless internet connection (unexpected outages may occur)
- Early Literacy Station – a computer, not connected to the internet, filled with educational and recreational activities for kids 2 – 8 years old
- Scan/Print/Copy/Fax services
- Digital Microfilm Reader